Lowell Cedar Fence Services
Enjoy more privacy and security with quality fencing. Contact us for cedar fence installation services in Lowell.
If you’re looking to have a wood fence installed, you can’t go wrong with cedar—or Shannon Fence Company Inc. We’ve manufactured and installed the highest quality cedar fences in Lowell, MA, since 1992.
As a family-owned and operated fence company, we care about our customers and our community. Our team of professional installers will go the extra mile to ensure that your new fence not only meets but exceeds your expectations.
You can count on us for competitive upfront pricing, quick turnaround times, and five-star service. Call us today for a free estimate.
Need a full enclosure? Improve your fence’s functionality with our custom gate installation services.
Cedar: The Ultimate Fence Material
Cedar is among the most popular fencing materials in Massachusetts for good reason. It’s more affordable than vinyl and more attractive than chain-link. Here are a few more reasons cedar reigns supreme when it comes to wood fencing options:
- Naturally insect- and rot-resistant: Cedar contains oils that naturally repel insects and keep the wood from rooting. A well-maintained cedar fence can last up to 30 years.
- Unique aesthetics: In attractive red shades with a straight grain not found in other redwoods, cedar provides a truly unique look. It also ages well, turning a rustic silver.
- Doesn’t shrink or warp: Cedar doesn’t shrink or warp, eliminating the risk of cracked or splintered pickets.
- Lower maintenance: As the wood is insect- and rot-resistant, doesn’t shrink or warp, and ages well, it doesn’t require nearly as much maintenance as other wood fencing materials.
- Offers sound-reduction: Cedarwoodhas tiny air pockets within the grain that give sound-blocking properties—it can reduce noise pollution in your yard by up to 70%!
- Versatile: As a softwood, cedar can be shaped into endless picket designs, latticing, and more.
White Cedar Vs. Red Cedar Fencing
Whether white or red cedar is better for fencing is a long-standing debate, but in reality, both have their advantages and disadvantages. Which is right for your property will depend on your preferences and budget. Here’s a quick comparison of the two:
- Better longevity than red cedar (some say it lasts 11-15 years longer)
- Tends to have more knots
- Lighter in color (closer to yellow than red)
- Typically costs less than white cedar
- Higher percentage of heartwood
- Superior insect resistance
Both white and red cedar can be used in a variety of wood fencing styles, such as picket, shadow box, spindle top, stockade, board-on-board, post and rail, and more.